Saturday, July 01, 2006

O Canada!

Happy 139th Birthday, Canada!

You've been my home for over 2 years now. I still miss my Motherland but I already like it here. They're times that I crave for longganisa but you have sausages. They're afternoons that what I want for meryienda is Mister Donuts but you have Tim Hortons. A steamed dahon ng kamote and okra would be nice as a side dish but you have varieties of fresh salads to choose from. I miss riding a jeepney but you have transits. My pancit is incomplete without calamansi but you have lemons. My favorite is Purefoods hotdogs but Maple Leaf will do. My kababayans enjoy celebrating Piyesta ng Dagat but only here that I witnessed the love of water even what you have are just man-made lagoons. And the list goes on...

As one of your many adopted children, I'm grateful you treat me as your own. I have roof over my head, I have food to eat, I have clothes to make me warm especially during winter times. [I have my medicard, maternity benefits, and child tax benefits. hehe!] I couldn't ask for more. Mabuhay ka, Canada!

No comments: