Monday, October 09, 2006

Giving Thanks...

Today is Thanksgiving Day! No work, it's a holiday! It's also my brother-in-law Brian's birthday (plus Audric's 10-month birthday, he-he!). To celebrate thanksgiving/Brian's Birthday/Audric's 10-month birthday (he-he), we all went to Foodie Goodie, an all-you-can-eat chinese restaurant. (yum yum the siomai! i can't count how many pcs i ate!)

Then we went to church to hear the 5:30pm mass. The homily is all about giving thanks especially to our parents. I can say that me and my siblings are always grateful to our parents. We know that whatever we do is nothing compared to all of their sacrifices. Whatever they've done is immeasurable but we do as much as we can. We show, tell, and let them feel that they are loved and taken cared of. Another way of saying thanks to them is by trying to become a good parent ourselves. Now that we only have our mom, we make sure that she's always ok. She deserve all of our love. She's all we got. (Don't worry dad, you'll always be in our heart. We love you just the same.)

***

I'm counting my blessings. Really, I've lot of things to thank for: having a loving and patient hubby; Audric is healthy (and malikot and makulit); soon to open home-based business; good food & yes, the money to buy good food; good health; my 2 brothers and their family are well; friends (meeting new ones and keeping in touch with older ones); my dear mom is enjoying her stay with us, we'll celebrate Christmas & Audric's 1st birthday with her; supportive in-laws; nice and clean environment & friendly neighbourhood; and tarannnnnn I am becoming more patient (i guess. ha-ha!). Oh I almost forgot, we may not have savings right now and not have our own house yet, atleast we can still pay our rents and have a place to call our home temporarily.

***

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

No comments: